Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What I Miss Most About Not Being Pregnant


 



Now don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to meet our baby girl in a few weeks and to start a new life with our new family, but the third trimester just plain sucks!  As I stated yesterday, I'm over it... and here are a few reasons why!

I miss...
Seeing my ankles.  My feet have been too swollen to wear boots since the beginning of February and became to swollen to wear anything but flip flops somewhere around March.  Just about the only good thing about being pregnant in the summer is getting away with wearing flip flops the entire time.  I'm not sure what I will do if I were to ever be pregnant in the winter!   


August 2013


 
June 2014
I miss...
Having energy.  I used to come home every day and cook, clean, water the yard, do laundry... just whatever needed to be done and it never bothered me.  Now...?  Pssshhhh... I can't even remember the last time I cooked us a meal.  Either Graham grills or we pick up take out.  I'm literally exhausted and with my feet hurting so bad the last thing I want to do is stand for an hour and cook - even if it's to stuff my own face!  That's what a drive thru window is for at this point.  I do love me some cereal though.  If Graham would do it, we'd have cereal every night!

I miss...
Painting my own toes.  Since about February or March I started getting monthly pedicures, which is completely out of the norm for me.  Before getting pregnant I might have treated myself to one each year.  In the beginning I was getting them just because it felt freaking good.  As of about the end of April, they've become a necessity since I can't reach my toes long enough to paint them myself.  With the swelling, the leg and feet massages don't really feel good at this point, because my skin is so sensitive... but wearing flip flops every day, I want my toes to look nice.  It's really all that makes me feel good at this point.

I miss...
Sleeping on my back/belly.  For as long as I can remember I've always slept on my belly.  It's just the most comfortable position in the world to me.  Sometimes when I wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I see Graham sleeping on his stomach, I just want to shake him and tell him how lucky he is to be able to still do that.  Not only does he get to still drink beer while I'm pregnant, he gets to sleep on his belly.  It's just not right and I don't think he even realizes what a good life he has right now!  As far as sleeping on my back, I think I just miss it because I can't do it.  It's just one of those 'don't know what ya got til it's gone' sort of things I suppose.

I miss...
Wearing boots.  Now don't get me wrong, I love me some flip flops and tennis shoes, but I used to live in boots.  It didn't matter what time of year it was or what I was wearing that day... boots were just about always on my feet.  I'm just hoping that my feet will still fit in them when all of this is over. 

I miss...
Drinking.  I'm not talking about tea and water people, because trust me... I get plenty of fluids daily.  I'm talking beer, lime-a-rita's, wine, pendleton whiskey, mimosa's or just a good ol' margarita.  Not that I've ever really been a big drinker, but summer time just screams kicking back and having a good drink in hand.  I'm 8 months sober and I'm not liking it.  I plan to breast feed as well, so I honestly have no clue when I will be able to get my hands on something good. 

I miss...
Not waddling.  I just want to walk normal again.  I want to not have to steady myself and make sure I'm good to take a step each time I get off of a chair. 

I miss...
Being able to poop.  TMI?  Probably.  But it's one of the hardest things to deal with and it seems like it's only getting worse.  I understand why it's happening... baby is pressing down and basically causing blockage... yada yada yada, but I've always been very regular.  I knew exactly what time each day I'd be taking a trip to the bathroom and I was ok with it.  It was just my normal life.  Not being able to go for days at a time, without downing some milk of magnesia that makes me freaking nauseous for the day just plain sucks.  It hurts to be stopped up all the time!

I miss...
People.  Or for lack of a better way of putting it... I miss not hating being around people.  I used to love getting together with friends and family for bbq's and what not.  I'm at the point where I literally dread having something on the calendar that I have to do... even if it is to go somewhere and stuff my face.  It should just be the new norm for a pregnant woman to just be able to sit at her house the last month before she goes into labor.  No work, no cleaning, no responsibilities!  Ahhhh, being a (pregnant) adult is hard!
 
Am I being a big ol' cry baby and feeling sorry for myself at the moment?  Probably.  Ok, yes... yes I am.  But I don't care.  Pregnancy is a joyous time but it's also freaking hard.  I knew I'd have to make some sacrifices and that my body would change a bit... but I had no idea as to what degree.  Pregnancy is a total body experience.  I always thought I wanted 5 kids and I'd honestly be ok if we adopted our next little sweetheart.  The second trimester definitely tricks you into thinking you could go through this forever.  Now I know the truth.  I just keep telling myself... "this too shall pass".

36 more days...


No comments:

Post a Comment