Saturday, August 2, 2014

Letters To Joleigh - One Month




 
My sweet baby girl!  This first month of your life has literally been the fastest of mine - and that's a little frightening, to be honest.  I can only imagine that it's a sign of just how fast our time with you will fly by.  I intend on making each moment I get to spend with you count!
 
Even though you spent the majority of your first week in the Lubbock hospital, once we were able to get you home, you quickly settled into a routine.  Having you home was quite the transition from our normal lives.  Many people tried to give us advice, but there was nothing that anyone could have ever said that would explain just how it would be having a newborn in the house.  You are definitely a life changer, pretty girl!
 
Although it'll still be a little while before you're fully able to do so, you've been trying to hold your head up more and more.  You love to make the cutest little grunting and humming sounds while you're being fed your bottle.  One of your favorite things to do is snuggle up on your belly for naps with your daddy and you're already sleeping 6 hour stretches at night!  Most nights you love taking a bath, but I bet it'll be more fun for you when you're able to hold your head up and play with bath toys! 
 
 Tig loves to sneak in kisses every time she gets a chance and I know you two are going to be best friends.  Annie doesn't quite know what to think you yet, but she is very protective.  Mercy pretty much acts like you don't exist.  I'm just so thankful that all of the animals are so sweet with you! 
 
We had your newborn pictures taken and you just looked like a little doll.  I can't get over how absolutely precious you are.  You're already growing out of your newborn size clothes and moving right on in to 0-3 month size.  At your one month check up you weighed in at 10 pounds 12 ounces and are measuring at 22 3/4 inches.   
 
I have two more weeks at home with you before I have to go back to work and even though I know it's just something I have to do, I'm absolutely dreading that day.  I love my days spent with you and I love taking walks each morning.  I love how when you're screaming your head off that I can pick you up and you quickly calm down to my snuggles.  I'm trying my best to live in the moment with you, but I am anxious to see your next milestones as they come.  I can't wait to watch you grow, beauty queen!! 
 

Mama's little beauty queen
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment